Saturday 9 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day in Australia !






























To my beautiful daughter on your first Mother's Day with little m...do hope that you have a wonderful day and that you enjoy the Mother's Day walk... your great grandmother wrote this poem for me many many years ago and I have never forgotten it- it is very sentimental but pretty and was written by George Cooper (1838-1927) In case you can't read the writing it says...


Hundreds of stars in the pretty sky
Hundreds of shells on the shore together
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover
But only ONE mother the whole world over.

and this is a lovely photo of your great grandmother, Dorothea Amy ,taken about 1911 - I still have the silver locket that she is wearing... doesn't she look beautiful. She was a wonderful mother and grandmother!

And a happy Mother's day to all the mothers in Australia...







1 comment:

  1. Its a lovely blog post. I had a nice first Mothers day, Little m was delightful as always.
    Dorothea Amy looks beautiful, and I love the poem, very beautiful too. And true, there is no one quite like your own mother.
    I love you mum, xx

    ReplyDelete