Tuesday 8 June 2010

For our English Rose!




















I thought that you would like to see our garden in June especially as when you were here in January it was covered in snow !


Our beautiful climbing rose which is a David Austin rose called "Gertrude Jekyll"
is in full bloom and the best it has ever been. Do you recognise your cookery basket from about 18 years ago which I unearthed from the loft recently- it looks much better filled with flowers, doesn't it!

The goldfinch are still using the bird feeder and now I keep finding thistle seedlings
underneath it... and the pansies are the ones that I planted just before you arrived last November so the garden would have a bit of colour but we had the snow instead which was much more fun... and so far the slugs and snails haven't done too much damage to our hostas...


3 comments:

  1. The garden looks beautiful! And thats a much better use for the basket than it being stuck in the loft - it looks great. Wish I could be there to see it properly, xx Bec

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous ! What a pretty garden !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful garden! The english rose, soo pretty! Great picture.
    I love the basket filled with the flowers on the table, the hostas in the big pot, I need your help in my garden :)
    Enjoy the Summer and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete