Friday 19 June 2009

11 things to LOVE and HATE!!!!

1. I love pink blossom seen against a blue sky-

2.The smell of fresh bread first thing in the morning- courtesy of our breadmaking machine..

3.English tea shops and the coffee shops in Melbourne, Australia

4.Soppy films that make me cry

5.Brand new shoes ( what woman doesn't !)

6.Australian soft licquorice- it's addictive!

7.my dishwasher- best invention ever

8.the blackbird who sings his heart out at the top of our birch tree in the evening

9.receiving a handwritten letter delivered by the postman ( hardly ever happens now with emails)

10.cliff top walks with the sound of the sea crashing on the beach

11.finding a book in the public library that I was just going to buy on Amazon....

I could go on an on but these are the things that I HATE - it's good to have a grump!!

1.coat hangers- especially when they get tangled up in each other- drives me mad

2.people who don't clear up their own dog's mess- this is a real rant!!

3.sorting out the laundry and always finding an odd sock- seems to be some sort of law!!

4.waiting at the bus stop to find my bus is not running

5.Halfords, Maplins and any sort of "blokey" techy shops

6.public toilets - especially when there isn't any loo paper or soap!!

7.slugs, snails, daddy long legs, mozzies etc etc...

8.any sort of milky pudding like rice pudding-yuck!!

9.drivers who don't signal left or right

10.people talking on their mobiles at supermarket checkouts or at the restaurant table- so rude!

11. Buying something full price to find it in the sales the next week.

Phew- feel better now- I could go on an on but what are yours- go on - let me know...



4 comments:

  1. I can relate to soppy films,
    love pink blossoms
    birds in my garden, especially the blackbirds and robins
    I love the coffee shops and restaurants in Melbourne too(Melbourne is the BEST place to eat out and relax)
    love mornings
    love rice pudding
    love Japanese food
    love green/jasmine tea
    love my home country Australia and missing it everyday.....
    love fabric shopping in America
    love my life everyday.....




    I hate snail and slugs!
    agree with the mobile phones too...
    i don't like grumpy teenagers
    i don't like rude people
    i hate going to Tesco
    i don't like negative people

    I could go on too.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crafty Lady,

    I've finally reset my password on this account.

    Thank you for the rant opportunity.

    My list is quite fluid, although my top five hates remain pretty constant.

    1. I hate Australian made cars and the fact that my tax dollars get used to fund inefficient, low tech and unprofitable industries.

    2. I hate people who call themselves "Foodies", like enjoying good food is a skill or a talent.

    3. I hate pretentious staff in wine shops.

    4. I hate interior decorators who call themselves interior designers.

    5. I hate the fact that best local cafe in our area has lovely coffee, an amazing interior but crap food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree whole heartedly with 2,3,and 4- think I am becoming a grumpy old woman as could easily think of loads more things to rant about! Most of the time it is better just to enjoy yourself!! xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things I love:
    Frosty mornings(I miss them so!)
    My baby, when he puts his arms around my neck and squeezes me tight, that is the best hug in the world.
    Soppy movies, and especially period dramas.
    Cloudless skies, particularly in winter.
    Dark chocolate and wine.

    This section is kind of hard, (there seem to be too many things to single any of them out!)I agree with all of yours, and a few of my own,

    Things I hate:
    Dried fruit
    Drivers who speed
    Tacky current affairs programmes on Australian TV - they pretend to be talking about serious issues, but they are no better than a trashy magazine
    People who take current affairs programmes seriously

    Thats all for now! May have to come back and add more when I can think of them...

    ReplyDelete