Monday 29 June 2009

beautiful birthday gifts...

It was my birthday today and I received a parcel from Australia from my lovely daughter who had made me this fabulous hand made bag

and matching purse - I am so in love with it- it is really beautifully made and the fabrics coordinate so well
this lovely little book was enclosed called "The Miggy Tree" by Karl Yeomans with wonderful illustrations by Anna Walker. The story is really heart warming and was dedicated to the author's mother - sadly he died in 2006 aged just 33 years. These are such precious gifts - thank you so much Becky.






I spent the day at a barbecue in my friends garden and had a really good time eating and drinking far too much and enjoying the perfect weather today, which ended in a huge thunderstorm ... then watched Andy Murray winning a tennis match at Wimbledon so I had a day to remember...



3 comments:

  1. sounds like a lovely day! Glad you were pleased with your presents xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!
    What a beautiful presents,hope you had a wonderful day.
    I have been to the Winchester Art College exhibition(Textile/Art) last week, my daughter Sophie insisted i had to see some of the students'work. I was very impressed. Lots of inspiration for me and Sophie.
    Are you going to the one in Oxford, Art in Action?
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for birthday wishes.. I would love to go to the exhibition in Oxford but unfortunately we are on holiday in the wilds of Northumberland
    that week and will be rambling along the coastal paths there instead...
    hope that you are enjoying the unusual English weather at the moment.. Happy days!!

    ReplyDelete