Wednesday 25 February 2009

Pancakes!!





Our family have always made a big thing of pancake day or Shrove Tuesday and yesterday was no exception. When the children were small we used to have a dinner first and then pancakes but now we just have the pancakes! They have to be served with plenty of juicy lemons and sugar- that is the law!!! I don't know why but the first one to be cooked usually breaks when transferring it to the plate and when we had a dog, she used to lurk around me hoping to be able to snaffle the duff one up which she invariably did- - she seemed to remember the routine as years went by - she was far too clever! -Last night my sister joiuned us in the feast and the three of us guzzled down 15 between us - shocking!! But they were very tasty and I always think they symbolize the start of spring which is a lovely thought!!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, haven't had pancakes for a long while. I seem to remember when me and Phil were little that we used to eat 15 pancakes each! It used to be a competition for who could eat the most, so 5 each doesn't seem so bad. I think I might have to make some at the weekend....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it will be pancakes for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next few weeks.

    I like the use of vintage plates.

    Send my regards to marriedtocraftylady.

    ReplyDelete