Wednesday 25 March 2009

custard cupcakes!



Made these delicious cupcakes today and wanted to share the recipe as they are really easy to make and also made with stuff that you usually have in the cupboard which is always a good idea. There is nothing worse than finding a recipe you like and then you do not have all the ingredients to hand! I found it in the BBC good food magazine and it is:


100g custard powder

200g butter

2 eggs

4 tablespoons milk

140g caster sugar

100g self raising


Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/gas 4


Beat custard powder,butter, milk and eggs together and stir in sugar, then fold in flour. Spoon into 12 muffin cases.

Bake for 20 minutes and leave to cool
Make up some glace icing with 200g icing sugar, few drops of vanilla extract and enough water to make a thickish paste. Spread on the cupcakes and then add some sprinkles and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I always take an easter pie in a private shop. It very tasty. And itself I am afraid to spoil all. I am irresolute. But I paint eggs itself, we paint together with a family manually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum, I'm going to give them a try this week

    ReplyDelete