Wednesday 25 March 2009

"Heather Bailey" magic !





my mother's day gift from my daughter was this "Heather Bailey" pattern for "freshpicked pincushions" - a pear,apple tomato and two strawberries- it is so delicious and I can't wait to make them - I think great things are expected so I will have to take my time and do them properly!! I always get really impatient to get new projects finished so tend to rush them and then make mistakes.... need to calm down and take my time- can patience be learned?-it has never been one of my strong points. The pattern for the pear looks particularly gorgeous and might be too nice to stick pins in- perhaps it will just be a little sculpture or I might fill it with dried lavender...



The fabrics were included and they are really beautiful- they seem to "sing" together- don't you think? and are really vibrant colours...

3 comments:

  1. Fabrics really delightful: bright, juicy colours. I look forward new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! Would loved to have kept the pattern for myself........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics! Love to see the pear coming alive, have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete